12.12.2013

beginning -- part i of writing the world

in the beginning, what happened? what happened? what's the first word, sentence, paragraph? when your friends and family read the first hundred words are they caught in the flow of fiction? and they want to keep reading more and more? then you've got a story. #perfectness

sometimes you get this feeling like, i want to write a book. and you have this idea for the story. well, you start it off. doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the beginning plot or the entire story behind it. just write it. don't think of a title first, don't worry about fonts, sizes, page sizes, colors, or fancy-shmancy colored beginning sentences, because those won't matter until your third round of writing the book. yes. three rounds or stages, whichever you prefer to call it.

right now, my book is normal writing, just what it gave me when i started it! i don't care about fanciness or that stuff yet, it doesn't matter. i've got to finish the book before i worry about penmanship details. i've changed the font for text messages between characters and for signatures but that's just to let me know that 'hey, this is here!' it's not really a part in the book, it's more of a reminder when you add simple touches like that in your first stage.

writing a first sentence (very important) when you write your first sentence, just write it. and when you've finished writing for the day, go back to that first sentence and make live! let it rush through you and give you chills. because if you don't, i can guarantee that half of the people that picked up your book, will put it back down. normally you don't do any editing at all until you've reached the second stage (i'll talk more about stages later in the series). but this is the one time in the first stage (besides spellcheck. i normally run the book through before i write again that day) that you do major editing. and even after you've edited your butt off, you'll edit it again later.

(here is a small section on planning your book, more planning talk in part ii of writing the world)

planning - at first, your idea is your first plan. planning really runs into the plot, they merge together through the entire book. i don't really plan my book that much. everyone says it's a lot more organized, and it helps to have a plan when you're editing your story. but i don't really believe that, because what if you think of a better idea? but you have a plan and you want to stick to it? how is that making your story come to life?

Meena (writer of this series) ~ I'm Meena. This series is for everyone who wants to write a book. Writing a book is really hard, it takes a lot of trial and error but it's so worth it in the end. I speak from past experiences in writing and from taking writing for what will be three years in May. I've loved writing since I was a kid. In fourth grade, I got a book with my holiday writing assignments in there. Each of the assignments in the book were graded 6/6 points. I love sharing my talent with the world, but why share it when I can give people the talent? That's why this series is here. I'm going to help people 'write the world' and wow the world with their amazing books and stories. You can do it! Go for it!

3 comments:

  1. I just love writing,it's the best feeling when I start a story,I just stink at writing. I bet you are an amazing writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!!!! I wouldn't say I'm AMAZING. But I do think I am pretty good. Just obviously not as good as like, Veronica Roth or Suzanne Collins.

      Delete
    2. I bet you are,but I must say that those girls are dangerously good

      Delete

thanks for commenting! you are totes awesome!