12.12.2013

planning -- part ii of writing the world

at first, your idea is your first plan. planning really runs into the plot, they merge together through the entire book. i don't really plan my book that much. everyone says it's a lot more organized, and it helps to have a plan when you're editing your story. but i don't really believe that, because what if you think of a better idea? but you have a plan and you want to stick to it? how is that making your story come to life?

simple answer. it's not. sure, having a plan right in front of you when you start stage two is extremely helpful. but, why do the work now when you can make it so much more efficient and self-benefiting (by self i mean the book) later when the book is done?

i'm not saying a little planning here and there is bad. in fact, it's not bad at all! a little planning will help make stage two more helpful. by a little planning i mean making a small outline. or figure out what event(s) should happen. i do this by chapter, i do the second one because it's a lot easier and if i don't have a very laid-out plan then i can let my creativity juices flow through my mind and stream them into the story a lot better then with a plan. with a book, you're supposed to let your imagination run wild! make your dream fantasy-land! it's YOURS. make it YOUR OWN.

i'm going to go a little deep into the first sentence if you don't mind. at first, your idea is your first plan. at first. at first. those are two of the four key words in this. first plan. first plan. remember how i said i choose and event for the chapter and write it, this is kinda what i mean. first plan, meaning first chapter plan or the plan will have minor tweaks made later in stage two.


Meena (writer of this series) ~ I'm Meena. This series is for everyone who wants to write a book. Writing a book is really hard, it takes a lot of trial and error but it's so worth it in the end. I speak from past experiences in writing and from taking writing for what will be three years in May. I've loved writing since I was a kid. In fourth grade, I got a book with my holiday writing assignments in there. Each of the assignments in the book were graded 6/6 points. I love sharing my talent with the world, but why share it when I can give people the talent? That's why this series is here. I'm going to help people 'write the world' and wow the world with their amazing books and stories. You can do it! Go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for writing tips! They will come in handy for me.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you are totes awesome!