12.09.2013

far. far. away.

far. far. away. once upon a time. once. once there was.

a story beginning is a ball of magic. what's the beginning of your fiction story? of your fiction fantasy? shall you start the chapter with a dash of suspense into the cauldron, and let it be stirred up? or start it plain, and whimsical, but adding a little pinch of out-of-the-ordinariness?

i like starting mine the second way. making it seem like it's just a normal day, but then it's actually not. i love those kinds of stories. then making it seem a little boring, then add a HUGE page-turning chapter to keep someone reading. i want my readers to expect what happens next, but then twist it around.
- writing

3 comments:

  1. haaay meena! i'm actually in a novel class at school and so this post caught my eye, i love this post! im having so much trouble getting started! haha! it will take me like a n hour just to think of a name i like. I might post the few hundered words on my blog soon though. :) sorry for never commenting :-/
    laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine! And what I'm doing is just writing the book! I haven't come up with a name, actually. When I started I just wanted to write the book. Most authors actually don't figure out the title in the book until they're already pretty deep into the book or actually even finished with the first draft. I'm actually thinking of writing a series on-- writing! So keep your eyes peeled!

      Delete
  2. Neat! I'll try to keep up! ;) Even like character names though, it'll take me forever and then I'll get hung up on trying to think of one and feel like I can't continue writing until I know it. and a story line. I know most people write a book because of a story line. but i'm writing a book and making up the story line as I go. sounds lovely, right? no. ;) ;)
    but maybe you can help me out, i'll definitely keep reading ;)
    laurieee

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you are totes awesome!